"Isn't faith believing that all power can't be seen?"







23 February, 2011

finally...

Who would think that 12 days could be sooo long?
I feel a bit guilty about even writing this post since it was my husband that truly felt the "pain" and I mean pain for the last 12 days. but....this pain
had its effect on the ENTIRE household.
Patience was the thinnest I have ever seen it...
My mood swing...or depression was at its fastest roller coaster ride
ever!!
Kids were more over-whelming than most days.
Noise was something that was an undesirable thing.
Silence was a treat and to be able to go to bed
was heavenly..to get away from it all!
I felt like I was coaching a labor patient all nite long.
I had empathy for him..my husband that is.
I would have taken his pain for a day or two just to give him
a break.  I would have gone to the bathroom for him too just
to give him a break.
It has been exhausting and has in another way opened my
eyes to what people who deal with much bigger health issues for more than 12 days...wow...the strength they have must be amazing and never-ending!

So although...I care not to do these last 12 days over..I am trying to see the blessing it has taught me in appreciating good health..pain free living and a house that is filled with peace and respect.
The last 12 days has not given our family that.  We have  been rude to one another...short...fighting...and impatient.
I know that it will probably take another 12 days to get the normalcy back into this house.  
I knew this morning it had been way too long because Delaney went running with her happy face to our bedroom looking for Dada since that is where he has been for soo long...and to her surprise he was not there!!  He was up..showered and ready to enjoy his first day back to work!  A smile on his face...a new pep in his step and also beads of sweat on his forehead due to fatigue!  But its all good for now!!  
Thank you Lord for giving us the strength to endure this hurdle in our lives and I know many people have much bigger things to tackle daily...and help them too!  You give us strength to fight..fight til things seem brighter and hopeful!
So here is to strength..power...and faith that things can improve!!

1 comment: