I have been working really hard lately to start each day by thinking of all the things that I am thankful for vs. letting my anxiety take me to places that fill my heart and head with worries...fears...racing thoughts...and simply off balance.
So each morning I grab my Sweet Miss Delaney while the boys tend to sleep in..(I know...bad habit) ..and we head outside right away. No stopping to clean up something that didn't get tended to the night before...just straight out the door in our jammies and all. (one of the many perks of country life.) The fresh air that fills our lungs...the joy of watching Delaney skip through the dew covered grass...the sound of the morning doves...all of this helps me realize how blessed we really are. The bills...the emotional issues that fill my head and my large "to do list" seem to disappear from my mind. The warmth of the sun on my face and arms is relaxing and Delaney and I doing our morning chores with the dogs and kitties are special. We chat and I watch her and am amazed and the little young lady that she is becoming.
Staying on track is a challenge some days but I am working hard at it. If I can re-train my mind and body to start each day with a thankful heart vs a worried heart...I know things will just fall into place.
I love my wide open spaces...the sounds of country life...it is my safety zone. One zone that I know I can be me...enjoy being me and most of enjoy my family!! Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Progress is good. I thank God daily for the things he has given me. I know that his power is greater than I can ever imagine.

No comments:
Post a Comment