"Isn't faith believing that all power can't be seen?"







23 May, 2011

Reminds me of being a kid!

I had a moment today watching Grant that brought me back to being a 
kid too at one time.
There Grant sits on his knees bent over with his face into the grass
crying..crying cuz his Daddy had to go to a meeting.
Crying because he didn't get to go.
Crying because his dad just got home and already has to leave.
So daddy waves as is leaving and tells him he will be home soon.
But that just make Grant angrier and cry harder.
But within minutes of the truck being out of the driveway 
Grant gets up and walked over to the open area so he can
see his Daddy's truck drive away on the road...without him.
He just stood and watched...quiet by this time..but watching and
thinking and then eventually walking back to the house.
It was sad to watch and also reminded me of being a kid.
Every summer I used to go spend it at my Aunt and Uncles
house, Carol and Arlan's, in Lake City, MN.
I usually spent a week there.   Don't get me wrong...I loved
going there.  I looked forward to it because they were 
like 2nd parents to us.  They never had kids
of their own...so we were their own.
I counted the days til I got to go.
But....there was always that moment...that moment when you knew
Mom and Dad were gonna leave soon to head back home and 
leave you behind.  They had a brick lampost that stood towards
the end of their driveway yet still in the grass that I would always stand leaning
against and peeking around watching their big Chrysler drive away down the
road out of sight.  I cried...I always cried and usually I stood there
alone and briefly wishing I could go back home too because
I knew i would miss them.   After a bit...I too would then 
turn and walk to the house and know that even though
I was sad at that moment...my fun was just  beginning for
the week!!
I miss you Carol and Arlan!
I miss being a kid sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment