"Isn't faith believing that all power can't be seen?"







26 April, 2011

Easter ~2011~

So another Holen gathering took place for Easter weekend.
Lots of food...laughs...and kids...I said lots of kids running around!
In this photo after the big egg hunt are 15 of the 16 grandchildren.  There are 4 boys plus the 1 girl missing and that makes 11 boys...yes 11 boys all under the age of 12!! 
The noise...the running...the laughing is pretty much non-stop!
It usually begins about Saturday around noon and ends about 24 hours later!
Lets just say after it is all said and done...we adults NEED ONE NAP!!
The men and a few of the gals enjoy some poker at nite out in our shop...I stay inside to make sure kids are tended too.  That seems to be my job...or at least I feel I should since most of the little ones belong to me.
I also just tend to isolate myself so its easier to go to bed.
But...we had fun again this year.  Delaney got her first experience looking for eggs.
Loved watching that!!
Doesn't seem though we are passing the true meaning to our kids of what Easter really means.  So usually before the gathering begins we do a gentle reminder that it is truly about the gift that has been given to us!
Just like this gift of 16 healthy children full of open hearts and beliefs of what is dear to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment