"Isn't faith believing that all power can't be seen?"







16 March, 2011

14 years ago today

Happy Birthday to Kelsey Marie Hauge!!
 
My niece, my brothers daughter...my sister n law Pam's daughter..
who was with us for a short 2 weeks due to a heart defect.
Perfect on the outside....yet so ill on the inside.
Her deformed heart taught us soo much about what we should all have in our
perfect hearts.   Love, faith...strength and the realization that life is a gift and that each day we should treasure.   Treasure that we have one another!
She had lots of dark hair...she had chubby cheeks...she had perfect toes and fingers but she had a body that God gave her that could only live for a short while.   But God had a plan...in that short while he brought us closer...he allowed us to sit and share stories and shed tears together.
He let us hold her and love her for the time she was here.  Those 14 days...were a gift!!  Each minute...each second a gift!
She may not be here for us to squeeze or giggle with...but she is in our hearts!   FOREVER!!
Hugs to Pam and Steve!   They are two of the strongest people I know!
The loss of a child...an infant child ...how do you ever get past it?
I don't think you do...you learn from it..and realize that life is special and noone knows when it will end...except God!

1 comment:

  1. During Kelsey's brief time with us, I have learned that everything does happen for a reason and God does have a plan for all of us... I have a hunch what his plan was for Kelsey, he too need good little people by his side. Not a day goes by I don't think of her and wish I could hold her just one more time. A piece of my heart went with her that day March 30 1997... the heart ache and loss feeling will never go away, but knowing she is a peace and in God's hands makes it seem ok, Until I hold her again <3

    ReplyDelete