"Isn't faith believing that all power can't be seen?"







11 January, 2011

One word

So after reading this post on one of my favorite sites...I decided that I was going to try and see if I could come
up with a word that I was going to try to dedicate to 2011!!

It took a lot of thinking...re-thinking..and also soul searching for me to come up with one word.  I truly could have picked like 10 words for the year but the idea was only one...so one it was.
My word for the year is.....(drum roll)  ...
FAITH!!
It seems so simple...yet to me sooo profound!!
Things have changed for me since I would have to say when my aunt Carol died back in August of 2007.
The void in my life...our lives is soo powerful since she left us.  She was like a second mom to me while I grew up and also to my children too.  She was the most giving lady I ever knew!!  Anyways....Since then I have had such an increase in anxiety, panic feelings, and depression in my life that I in probably the last year have really felt this pull...pull to what I don't really have a label for it...but its pulling me somewhere I have
never been before.  I am drawn to anything that has to do with trusting a higher power...reading more religion based books..researching faith based books..anything that I come across I read.
I want FAITH to guide me and direct me to where it is that I am supposed to be going.  I don't have the answers now because I feel I have more work to do on myself.   I do believe though there is a true reason for all that happens and this year of FAITH is going to prove that to me.   I truly want to wave my white flag with the power that anxiety has over me and turn it all over...all over to that FAITH that it will be okay.
Life is so short and I want to instill in those around me that each moment counts.   Believe me there are a lot of moments I wish I could re-do each day but with FAITH and my daily baby steps I think I can live a better life and give better memories to my family.
So...Faith it is for 2011.  What is your ONE word? 
Care to share? 

No comments:

Post a Comment