"Isn't faith believing that all power can't be seen?"







20 July, 2010

Day one....and counting!

     Well....its 1130 and we are now washing 8 chickens, well I am not, but the kids are.  We got the rest of the animals there okay.  Lots of directing..re-directing and counting heads to see if all are accounted for and if we have enough spots in the vehicle to who ever is taking who.  That is one joy of having a large family...CONSTANTLY counting heads!! 
     We had our first fair malts...yummy...and then finally at 8pm I brought the little ones home..pulled in the driveway and all 3 were sleeping.  Well you know what that means.  It means melt down city when you have to wake them up and get them in the house.  Both Grant and Marcus cried...cried...and did more crying.  Finally pj's and some spongebob settled them down.  Delaney just goes with the flow.  Ate, nursed and off to bed she went with no crying at all. 

     I can say that if it wasn't for my sister n law Pam...I would not be able to do this.  It is constant talking, telling what to do, and asking if it is done during this week.  Kids are busy and at times want the easy way out but we keep them moving.  Pam has the most patience and it is only her that could tolerate this kind of chaos for a few days.  Everyone else in our family would think we are TOTALLLY nuts to have this many kids and this much going on.  I have never heard so many thoughts, directions, names etc come out of Doug's mind.  He must be traveling at light speed inside that head.  No sailor words with the pig loading so that is good!!  It has taken us a few years to get it down but we got it now!!

     I think its time to call it a day..another day tomorrow with both the pig and the chicken show!!    Will update again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment