"Isn't faith believing that all power can't be seen?"







01 April, 2010

Letting go

So I am the youngest of 4 children. I have one older sister, Sandi, who is 9 years older than me. We used to be close...note the words "used to be". Growing up she watched over me...although through the years I have had that rubbed in my face....and then when she moved onto college she still came home often to hang with me and I visited her often as well. We used to laugh, giggle, go to movies, go shopping together and just hang out. Things have changed. I recognize that her life is sooo different than mine...I lead a country, large family, busy life that is filled with simplicity and just being at home, where she lives in the cities...married for now 2 years..(that is a whole other issue...the spouse) no children, always been very career orientated...very focused on her own needs and runs or shuts people out if she does not like what they have to say. Well...on December 12th...she shut me out of her life. She told me via email that she was "done with me". This is so difficult for me to take. I have to honestly say I am probably one of the nicest, easy going and passive person one could meet or be related to. She on the other hand views me differently I guess. I know that her spouse and the verbal abuse and control of him has changed her into someone I no longer know. It is a long story..one that has ups and downs over the years but its of late that I struggle with her shutting me out and me knowing that we will never be "sisters" until "he" is out of her life. That is a hard one to grasp..comprehend..and even think about some days....so perhaps in another post I will continue this story...but today I am just thinking about how does one let go of something that is supposed to be so important in my life...my kids life...and not be angry but rather accepting of what she has done.????
To be continued....


1 comment:

  1. Kimmy~ You need to remember it is her loss... a big loss, she is missing out on so much right now with the kids, and the kids are going to remember this.. You have bent over backwards to please her. Enough is enough.. Some how this too you need to let go. She has her own issues that she has to come to terms with, nothing will ever change until that happen. Hold your head high and be strong!

    ReplyDelete