"Isn't faith believing that all power can't be seen?"







22 February, 2010

Delaney....5 months old already??


This chubby cheeked, dimpled, and blue eyed little girl thought it would be fun to return to newborn status last nite and woke up every 2 hours and perhaps maybe an extra one in there too...to nurse. Oh this is one tired momma. I oh soo wanted my pillow last nite but this little lady wanted her mom...so I was there. Those middle of the nite feedings are sometimes a blur but it is a blessing. This too will pass and it won't be long and I will be missing those nite times we have together. There is nothing like looking down and seeing those cheeks against me and her sound asleep after filling her tummy!! Today she is 5 months old ....where has the time gone? I can not believe she is that big already!! My life is different since she arrived....she has given me a sense of completeness, a different outlook on our life, and made me realize that living with a large family is the best!!
It isn't just me that is lucky...she is too. She has 4 older brothers that love her so and each and everyday the first thing they do is go say hello to her. She also has 2 sisters that I know love her...but since they are teenagers...don't have a lot of time at home to spend with her. She has non-stop entertainment in this house...she has a bald spot on the back of her head to prove it. She is always turning her head side to side to watch it all..
So today...as she is 5 months old...I will give her an extra squeeze and thank her for all she has given this family and thank her for giving me the quality time we got to spend together last nite...yawn...yawn!


1 comment:

  1. She is beautiful, Kim!
    We have been asked from time to time how we make sure there is enough attention for the new ones in such a large family (*wink*).
    I think to myself--and tell them, too--
    "Are you kidding? I sometimes have to ASK for a turn to hold my own baby!!!"
    She is a blessed baby girl to have all those siblings who love her to pieces, and her mom and dad, too...

    ReplyDelete