"Isn't faith believing that all power can't be seen?"







09 October, 2012

It's work...

It is work....a lot of work to focus on the moment you are in.  Work to accept that the steps you walk each day are taking you exactly where God wants you to go.
These boots ....laces frayed..leather dirty and worn looking ...belong to my husband Doug.  He has taken many steps in these boots and they show it.  Each day God leads him to where he is supposed to go.  The twine laying under his boots..he must have been moving some hay bales around.  He just keeps going not knowing but trusting that he is going the right way.  That is where I am struggling right now.  I wish I had some boots that showed me all the work and right steps that I have taken to get me where I am today.  Oh believe me I know I am blessed and I am right where I am supposed to be but it is where I am supposed to be NEXT that I waste so much energy wondering about.   I was supposed to be having surgery tomorrow and only 24 hours ago found out insurance denied it.  So now the appeal process begins.  Denied all because certain words weren't used to describe my pain, my situation, and my back status.  So I fret and I keep asking  "now what???"   Now what is going to happen..what if?..what if this?  What will I do now?  Now I have to have pain longer and I am tired of that.  I want to know what my next step is supposed to be.  Then this morning I realized that all this fretting and wondering is simply just too much work!!  I stopped ...took a deep breath and realized that all this is out of my control and God has a plan for me and I need to trust and keep taking steps one after another and he will lead me exactly where I need to go.

So I relaxed and in my mind put on my new work boots of my own that came with a fresh positive focus on things and walked on.  Soon these boots too will show the wear, tear but also will tell a story about how I came to where I will be in the next 30 days or 1 year.  Trusting and letting go of all that unnecessary work is hard but I need to do that.  

So my question for you is what boots are you going to wear today?  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment