"Isn't faith believing that all power can't be seen?"







10 September, 2012

Need a hug?


Ya have one of those days where all you just need is a hug?

I have lots of those days.  The other day it was a bit chilly out...and I can't help but think of my dad this time of year.  He would be getting ready for annual trip to Canada to go goose hunting.  He would plan and plan for that trip.  This picture was taken the summer of 2010 and he was planning then for that fall.
Anyways...back to my point.  I went to go grab a coat and my dad's coat stuck out at me that day.  I put it on...all fuzzy and warm and it felt like a big hug from him wrapped around me.  I just needed a hug that day...especially from him!!
  I could sense him near me.  I do alot!!
He is thought about...missed a lot and dreamed about...as he was a blessing to us that we all need to remember!
This photo was a day my parents came over to visit.  My dad moved slowly that day...weak from his chemo..but still took the time to stop...sit down...and pull those puppies close to him and give them a little hug.  The naturally sat still and enjoyed him.  I enjoyed him too that day.  He visited a little bit.
He was quiet then...which was unusual for him but we knew it was the cancer that was making him quieter.
He did come to the table after a nap in our chair and visit for awhile.  We talked about not giving up and hanging on to the wonderful progress he was making.
Remembering days like those helps the loss of him not feel so ripe.  Tears still flow.  I think they will for a long time.  I get scared some days with him not here...but I know he is watching over us all.
I would love a hug from him today.  
So as this windy day blows leaves around...the sun shines down...I know he is near.  We all have those days where all we need is a lil' squeeze...just make sure you take the time and do that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment