"Isn't faith believing that all power can't be seen?"







17 September, 2012

Dealing with fear!

Does anyone out there struggle with anxiety or fear for the unknown?
I have been awful lately.  Heart racing...my stomach in knots and feeling as if something was choking me...I tremble and try to talk some sense into myself..but it just hasn't been working lately.
I am afraid.   I am vulnerable...and I hate this feeling that seems to sneak right up on me in the morning and seize me and I beg to have it disappear.

It isn't something you just want to chit chat about.  I find myself embarassed or ashamed that I have this struggle in my life.  Noone can fix it for me...noone but simply me!!  
I try each and every day to turn my fears over to God.  It is hard to do though.  Those feelings of gloom have a way of re-appearing and I need to start all over on the process of getting them to go away.
I read my book....I spend time reading my favorite blogs that I follow.
I tend to isolate myself vs consume myself with things around me that would help me distracted.  It is a nasty cycle...up and down...relaxed...tense.  

I have fear for my health lately...hoping things change for me and I can get back to myself.  I have fear that I am a burden to my family.  I have a lot of fears...many foolish...yet so real to me!!

What do you do to help yourself diffuse the fire of anxiety and fear that can overcome yourself?
I need advice.
I need peace and I know that with my FAITH I can find it.  It just may take some time I believe.

Please don't think I am a looney tune for exrpessing my fears...I think a lot of people struggle with but like me....they keep it to themselves until they just can't take it anymore and this is when the true feelings come out.  They are not always good but at times it may be needed.  

2 comments:

  1. One of my aunts struggles with severe anxiety. It is a difficult affliction, to be sure! She is on medication, but she also has found some help when she is taking adequate B vitamin supplements (the whole complex {B50} not just B6 or B12), adequate and quality fish oil (DHA) and plenty of water, sunshine, and talking things over with a trusted friend (sometimes that's me!).
    Praying for you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what good advice Melissa!! Thank you very much!! I may just give that a try. I will take any prayers one is willing to give that is for sure!!

    ReplyDelete