So every morning before the kiddos arise I try and take 10 minutes or so to read my devotion
for the day.
This morning it was what is the rush?
Boy isn't it true....we rush and hurry from one thing to the next each day and before we
know it the day is a blur and its over.
So this devotion spoke about being able to slow down and find time to enjoy each
moment through out our days.
It is funny that this devotion came today because last night just before Doug and I went to bed we commented on how much we got done outside for the day...which was fathers day..and how fast it went. But I was pleased to say that we did stop several times and
just ENJOY the moments with the kids or the breeze and the shade.
We love being at home...we had kids running around being kids...and at one point we were
all just sitting on the deck talking and laughing as the father of all these kids looked
upon us with a smile...(he didn't know I was watching him)
We stopped and sat in the garden and ate some yummy strawberries...we stopped and stood in the shade and enjoyed the soft breeze and beautiful scenery of our farm.
It was a good day...although I have to say not all of our days we do this but I always
get a kick out of how these devotions come just at the right time.
That is truly the Lord speaking to me and reminding me that I have things to work on and need to enjoy what I have. Gentle whispers that I have to be open to receive.
"To everything there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven."
----Ecclesiastes 3:1-----
No comments:
Post a Comment