I can't believe that 18 years ago I got married.
Douglas Lee Holen and I...got hitched!!
It was a beautiful spring day...and of course just a few days prior we had gotten snow so i was really nervous about how our day was gonna be...but warm temps and all sun was what it was!!
We got married in Faribault MN, my hometown in the church I was confirmed in and married by Pastor Dan Nordin who held a special place in my heart.
We had all our good friends in our wedding and what a good day it was!
We were both 23 at the time...young...loving life and happy!
We had dated for almost 15 months and then engaged for another 15 months before we got married.
We met at the Univ of MN in a chemistry class of 500 plus people. He always sat near me and stared...yep he won't admit it but he did!! =)
Then he followed me to the bustop one day...he followed me I said...he will argue and say I followed him but that is just not the case!! We started talking and never quit.
We have lived in MN, AZ and Montana twice and back to MN in 2000.
We have had 2 miscarriages together....and 7 healthy children together!
We live in the wide open spaces of the country and love our life.
We didn't buy our first house til we were 30 and now we live in our 2nd house which will be ours forever.
We have had many ups and downs...learning to love each other for who they are...facing our disagreements head on and not running....because being newly married and in Montana which was 18 hours from home...the only thing we COULD do was stare at each other and work it out!
What a blessing living away for 7 years was. Although we missed our family greatly...it gave our new family such a strong base!!
So today...as Doug flies to Central Mexico on business...I wish him a Happy Anniversary and can not believe HOW FAST these 18 years have gone...we have learned a lot and loved a lot!
My life is better because he is mine...and what he has given me!
Awww...how sweet, Kim! Happy Anniversary to you and Doug!
ReplyDelete