Okay so here we are the 4th of July weekend...Gma and Gpa came and took 3 of the kiddos up to the cabin...now do I go to or stay home? The other kids want to go soo badly...gives them time by the water and with cousins and gets us out of our home for a bit but I struggle leaving home knowing that it seems twice as hard to take care of the kids far away. i shouldn't want to take the easy way out. I love it up there too...wide open space...beautiful shore and scenery...nice dock to sit on but I always...always worry my kids are too much. Where has this stemmed from? I don't know...perhaps way back when I had only 3 kids I remember being told by a family member to "split them up cuz they are a bit much" Ouch....that one I needed a band aid for and took me many years to get over that one. But now I sit with 7 and love every one of them but yes it is work...and believe me I have days I am not the best mom I can be but I try.
Sooo...do we go or stay put? I need to work on this part of my parenting. loving my kids even when they are "busy" and not expect them to be perfect all the time. I think I am just tired. Perhaps the cabin could refresh me...reset me. I know I need it. I need to change something within me cuz this momma is tired and has lost her positive outlook. I sure can put on a good show though. I should get an award for that huh???
Kids are blessings...my life is blessed...I just need to slow down and feel it and enjoy it!!
my vote: GO!
ReplyDeleteI did go and it was a great time...peaceful and sunshine and lots of time for relaxation!! I didn't have any anxiety on the trip...yeah
ReplyDelete