Reading this post...was like going....yes..at least someone else gets the way I feel!! I read these posts and just went ahhhh...I am normal. I too can't imagine my life without the children...yes 7 children...that I have!! I have found since baby #3 the grief, teasing, questioning..started. And with each baby I have felt the need to DEFEND why I am pregnant. Why in the world would any person have to defend the life that grows in her? Then the guilt would come after that because I allowed these "people" to make me feel this way. It is a viscious circle. Then sometimes with the pregancy I would feel the need to not tell people for a VERY LONG time so I would avoid the negative comments!! Now I look back and go why should I have to hide something so amazing and such a miracle ...shouldn't I be able to enjoy and love every precious day that that life grew in me? Don't get me wrong...I did enjoy every day of it..but it was work...work to avoid the comments...negativity..and work to try to understand why people feel the need to view a large family as "crazy". All I know is that I have a crazy, fun, loving life everyday and wouldn't have it any other way. This is what I can get in a day:
14 arms to wrap around me....7 smiles to warm my heart...
7 heads to give a loving hug to...and 14 hands to hold...and 7 bellies to tickle...and 7 mouths to listen giggle, laugh, and share their days with me!! I also get to enjoy watching with my 2 eyes these 7 children love each other in their own unique way and know that at the end of the day they are happy, healthy and feel loved!!
14 arms to wrap around me....7 smiles to warm my heart...
7 heads to give a loving hug to...and 14 hands to hold...and 7 bellies to tickle...and 7 mouths to listen giggle, laugh, and share their days with me!! I also get to enjoy watching with my 2 eyes these 7 children love each other in their own unique way and know that at the end of the day they are happy, healthy and feel loved!!
Amen Sistah!
ReplyDelete