So I was 33 years old and pregnant while going to RN school. It was going to be baby number 4 for us!! The pregnancy went well and fast since I was also busy with school and being a mom to 3 other kiddos. I was 37 weeks and had to see Dr. N instead of my regular dr and was measuring like 5 weeks larger...thus sent me over for a ultrasound right away...found out I had a big baby in there! So I switched dr's at the last minute and decided to get induced at 38 weeks since baby was so big.
So on Tuesday April 11th...I quickly ran to the college to turn in a last minute paper...and then arriving a bit late at the hospital ...was admitted and the pitocin was started!! By noon I was not such a happy camper..water was broke...and then the real pain started...I look back now and realize that I was bonkers...yes bonkers...on the ceiling and crazy with pain...I could not get a grip and so without any drugs I quickly went from 4 - 10 cm in about an hour or so and had Mathias Lee at 6:18pm. He weighed 8pounds 11 oz and had a bruised head cuz he came sooo fast down that canal!! YIKES!! We didn't know we were having a boy so it was a nice surprise!! This is one birth that I did with no pain meds...and it was work but well worth it!!
I can't believe he is 7 already!! He walked at around 13 months...has been a boy on the go ever since then!! He is a farmer in the making!! Loves dirt, tractors, and anything that has to do with the fields. He loves John Deere and also has endless energy!! He loves his brothers...and we love him!!
So on Tuesday April 11th...I quickly ran to the college to turn in a last minute paper...and then arriving a bit late at the hospital ...was admitted and the pitocin was started!! By noon I was not such a happy camper..water was broke...and then the real pain started...I look back now and realize that I was bonkers...yes bonkers...on the ceiling and crazy with pain...I could not get a grip and so without any drugs I quickly went from 4 - 10 cm in about an hour or so and had Mathias Lee at 6:18pm. He weighed 8pounds 11 oz and had a bruised head cuz he came sooo fast down that canal!! YIKES!! We didn't know we were having a boy so it was a nice surprise!! This is one birth that I did with no pain meds...and it was work but well worth it!!
I can't believe he is 7 already!! He walked at around 13 months...has been a boy on the go ever since then!! He is a farmer in the making!! Loves dirt, tractors, and anything that has to do with the fields. He loves John Deere and also has endless energy!! He loves his brothers...and we love him!!
No comments:
Post a Comment