"Isn't faith believing that all power can't be seen?"







03 April, 2010

17 YEARS!!!!

So today is Doug and I's 17th anniversary!!
Where has the time gone? I can't believe it!! I met him at the University of Minnesota St Paul back in 1990...he followed me to the bus stop...although he will say I followed him...we had a Chemistry class of 500 together and always sat in the same area. Well turned out we had the same group of friends and ....well the dating started and then wedding bells!! It was a beautiful day that day!! It had snowed a few days before so I was a bit nervous...but it melted and the sun shined and it was PERFECT!! The bridesmaids had floral print on and it was a spring theme!! We had a blast celebrating with all of our family and friends!!

So in 17 years ~~~~ a recap of things we have done...
Had 7 children...2 miscarriages
Have lived in Montana, Arizona, and Minnesota
Enjoyed living in the foothills of the mountains in Montana
Spent many days visiting Glacier Park
Owned 2 homes now...and the one we are in now our dream!!
Spent countless hours alone with our children!!
Traveled to Mexico twice.
Spent countless hours with our children...oh yeah I already said that! =)
Honeymooned in Branson, MO
Built a hobby farm that we love to call home!
Been through tough times and good times TOGETHER!!
Raised our kids to be honest, loving and special kids...still doing this.
Have celebrated many occasions with family...cuz family is #1!
Have learned to love the land and appreciate the good!

So today I am thankful for the 17 years that I have had with my Dougie. He is a hard worker, an awesome father, a tender heart..when he lets you see it...and a realistic and down to earth guy! He can manage any situation..sometimes too much..hehe..but I love him!

2 comments: