So I am flying solo for a couple of days while Doug is away on a field
trip chaperoning with James...(our 11 year old) and my boys are usually attached at the hip all the time...even when they aren't getting along...they still can't seem to seperate...
So...James is gone...Daddy is gone and poor Mathias, the 6 yr old, is quiet...to himself which is totally not like him...next thing is curled up on the couch..softly crying because he misses his Dad ...and he misses his brother.
It touches my heart to know that they actually care so very much about each other. There are many days when I wonder if having such a large family is a blessing to them as much as it is to me...
I got affirmation tonite...that it is to Mathias!!
trip chaperoning with James...(our 11 year old) and my boys are usually attached at the hip all the time...even when they aren't getting along...they still can't seem to seperate...
So...James is gone...Daddy is gone and poor Mathias, the 6 yr old, is quiet...to himself which is totally not like him...next thing is curled up on the couch..softly crying because he misses his Dad ...and he misses his brother.
It touches my heart to know that they actually care so very much about each other. There are many days when I wonder if having such a large family is a blessing to them as much as it is to me...
I got affirmation tonite...that it is to Mathias!!
Awww... that's so sweet!
ReplyDeleteI wonder those same things sometimes, though, too.
and then today, when I dropped Nathaniel off for confirmation, Ruby cried when she saw him get out of the van.
She wanted "her" Nathaniel.