"Isn't faith believing that all power can't be seen?"







29 March, 2010

I went...

I went...I spent the weekend at my parents and had a really nice time. The kids behaved, we watched 2 movies and had lots of time to visit. We even went out to eat...imagine that!

Its hard though sometimes...my parents aren't getting any younger. My dad was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma about a year ago and is doing amazingly well!! He walks almost 2 miles a day and is the thinnest I have ever seen him. I know part of this is the cancer but another is just his pure determination to remain active and keep on moving!! But...its still apparent...that they are slowing down. Where have the years gone? They used to be so quick on their feet...They are still a young 80 years old to me though! I swear they sometimes have busier weeks then me with all of their activities!!

My mom is my best friend. There isn't anyone I truly believe knows me like she does. When I am with her I can just be me...noone else but me. I don't have to put on that show of happy face all the time...she listens to me...she uplifts me...she is a blessing in my life. I catch myself fearing the day she isn't there for me anymore...how does one deal with that? That is one scary thought for me. This weekend we had lots of talks and even a few tears...its nice to have a soft place to land when you need one.

Thanks mom and dad...for being who you are and allowing me to be who I am!!

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about my parents ! How on earth does one go thru losing them? The thought unbearable. Thankfully we have an amazing God who will carry us through!
    Tootles
    Ps. LOVE the new blog design !! Too cute !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet that your mom is your best friend, Kim.
    Speaking of not being able to imagine them gone, my grandma (my mom's mom) died in August of last year and I can see in my mom how much she misses not being able to call her, and missing how my grandma would call to check in with my mom.
    I think you don't ever stop being "the mom"--because she would still call all of her children just to see how they were.

    ReplyDelete