I can not believe that I am 40!! I know it is just a number but ...it is weighing on me! I don't want to be in my 40's...I liked to 30's...but I know with time it will grow on me but not define me.
I remember for my whole young life I used to always say..."my mom had me when she was 40" I used to think that was soo old...and here I am at that age and don't feel old at all. Don't get me wrong there are days I do feel old but overall I feel good. I can't believe that I am to where my mom was when she had me. I had Delaney at 39...not 40!
It has taken me many years...long years...to learns some lessons. So I think the 40's will prove to be wiser, smoother and filled with a bigger awareness as to what really matters in this world!! I don't waste time anymore thinking about material things anymore...like ya did in the 20's...but instead I find myself focused on the real things in life. I love my family, my home, my moments that reveal to me how blessed I really am. Believe me I do not take any of that for granted. Things can change in a heartbeat....life is special!
So..as I now am officially 40...I am going to learn to love that number...be thankful for that number...and laugh at that number...cuz that is all it really is ....is a number!!
I remember for my whole young life I used to always say..."my mom had me when she was 40" I used to think that was soo old...and here I am at that age and don't feel old at all. Don't get me wrong there are days I do feel old but overall I feel good. I can't believe that I am to where my mom was when she had me. I had Delaney at 39...not 40!
It has taken me many years...long years...to learns some lessons. So I think the 40's will prove to be wiser, smoother and filled with a bigger awareness as to what really matters in this world!! I don't waste time anymore thinking about material things anymore...like ya did in the 20's...but instead I find myself focused on the real things in life. I love my family, my home, my moments that reveal to me how blessed I really am. Believe me I do not take any of that for granted. Things can change in a heartbeat....life is special!
So..as I now am officially 40...I am going to learn to love that number...be thankful for that number...and laugh at that number...cuz that is all it really is ....is a number!!
Happy Happy Birthday, Kim!!!
ReplyDelete