"Isn't faith believing that all power can't be seen?"







01 March, 2010

14 years ago...

It was 14 years ago today that I had my second daughter in Mesa Arizona!! I remember the day very well. It was a leap year that year and I oh so DID NOT want to have her on the 29th so I hung in there til the 1st...two days before my due date. I started contracting on the nite of the 29th and remember calling into OB and asking when i should come in and they said.."wait til you can't talk anymore." Well that is what I truly did. I rested all day and thought I had a long time and of course that evening ran to pick Doug up from work...breathing through contractions mind you..but no this Kim still thought it couldn't be true labor, after all Julia took 19 hours to arrive. So I showered and put on my make up and then by the time I was done with all of that I could not walk down the hallway anymore nor even speak one word...I guess it was time to go! Well...we had to run Julia out to my parents who were spending the winter in Arizona..which by the time we got her there and back to the hospital an hour had passed!! too long!! We ran into an accident on the interstate and they were about to close it down..I promptly informed Doug that he had to get us through or I was going to have this baby in the car! We made it...arrived to Desert Samaritan hospital at about 8pm and was dilated to 9 with a bulging bag of water. My water not breaking is what saved us from a car birth!! So an hour later Miss Kaitlyn Janece arrived and weighed in at 7 lb 15 oz and a full head of hair!! We were soo thrilled to have 2 girls! It was a whirlwind of a eve but we were soo happy. She did great and has been a treat to have. She has grown into a lady before my eyes but also has this teenage attitude that likes to show itself at times. I know that it will too pass and someday things will be more even tempered. I hope her day is a good one. I miss the days of her being little...it was such a fun time for Doug and I!! Living in Montana in the mountains raising 2 young girls and spending endless hours with them.

So it is with a happy heart that I remember 14 years ago...little did I know that there would be 5 more children after her to remember their arrival days as well!!

1 comment:

  1. Love it!
    Nathaniel was due March 1st of the same year--he came 10 days early (Feb. 20th) but I, too, remember thinking "please NOT on Feb. 29th!!"
    I had not realized we had two of the kids so close in age.
    Isn't it interesting to think of all the paths we had to travel in order to get our paths to cross? (Deep, I know...)

    ReplyDelete