"Isn't faith believing that all power can't be seen?"







04 June, 2013

Emotional!

She grew up way too fast.  Our oldest daughter Julia has now graduated and as I write this is down at Iowa State in Ames with her dad to register and orientate for Fall classes.  How can this be?
We just finished up her party on Saturday after LONG preperations and planning.
It went well thank goodness for all the help from family since I am pretty much useless for anything physical or any long amount of time.
I was doing well up until the party and then as people and family left one by one the next morning the tears came and have continued so off and on since then.
Why do I get soo emotional?
I am happy for her successes, her goals, and her drive that she has within but that still isn't helping me.
She is closer with her Dad which is just the way it is...but I will miss her.
 

She has been such a huge part of this farm and also a leader for the lil ones that follow her.  It just won't be the same.
Her love of 4-H I hope has been instilled enough in the younger ones that I hope it continues on for us all!!
 
I have watched this lil girl walk up this driveway everyday to catch the bus and then in a blink of an eye it went to driving up it to head to school each day.
I am proud of her and I am happy for her happiness and adventures that are yet to come but these tears of the mom just have to flow.  I think it is just the process of letting your child go and hope that you have taught her well and to make good choices.  But for now I am going to let my tears come when they need to because it is my way of letting go just a lil bit for her to make her first step into her new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment