I have had many moments these last few days where I have made myself stop and just listen. It is amazing what you hear.
The sounds of your kiddos sharing their love for one another.
These last few morning as I waken and try to get up and face the day I hear birds singing. Ahhh....that means spring is COMING!!
I sooo need warm weather and this white stuff we are covered inW is gone.
It has been a long winter filled with dr visits and pain meds and trying to keep up with Holen life. We tend to be on the busy side most days.
This morning listening to Delaney softly breathe and watching her sleep so peacefully.
Hearing the small footsteps coming down the steps and head towards me to give me my morning leg hug....my Grant!
Listening to Marcus as he wakes up and the first thing he says is "I love you Mommy and you are the best Mommy in the world" Words that warm my heart and mean so much coming from a 7 year old.
So many sounds that when we rush through a day ...we miss out on them.
Sometimes the sound is simply silence.
The sound of chairs being dragged across the floor tells me that yes someone is headed for cupboards out of their reach.
The sound of the kitchen clock ticking and realizing that time goes fast and making the effort to stop and enjoy the moments of our everyday life.
Thank you Lord for giving me those reminders each day that every moment is special and even the chaotic moments are treasured...but at times not wanted.
What sounds do you hear when you just stop and listen?
Please share with me today.
I love the love that actually doesn't make any noise...it is just there!!
No comments:
Post a Comment