I just love my Delaney Ann!!
I say that a lot...what mom doesn't
She brings me to a moment to stop and realize what is important in life!!
It is the moments of lifting her up onto the tire swing....the moments where she says push me "high".
And I do....and watch the wind blow through her hair...
no fear because mom is near...
and then the swing slows down....and I wait for the slightly saddened face to appear...
like this one here...
because she is waiting for me to push her "high" again!
So I do....and take in the breeze ...the country air..and the happy smiles
that my Delaney gives me!!
Doug always tells me when I am having a down moment...just stop and look at her and how can
you not come right back to the blessed place you are supposed to be in!!
I LOVE that this little girl that is soon to be 3...has brought soo much to my life!
Tire swing....freedom....moments of no worries and just loving the life that I have!!
Reminds me of my childhood of being free and swinging as high as I could and singing "Jesus Loves Me"...I was just about this age. I loved it and I know that Miss Delaney is loving it too. Because at the end of the day I hope I have given her as much love as she gives me!!
That top picture, especially--OH MY GOODNESS, Kim!! She's just lovely, and growing up so fast! God knew that she was just who you needed. :) Sometimes when I think back to lifting my older children on the swing, I realize I felt so young. Now lifting my younger ones up on to things, I feel so OLD! Yet, I know that I am more aware now than I was then, of the fleeting days and the swiftness of childhood and the honor it is to be their mother.
ReplyDelete