"Isn't faith believing that all power can't be seen?"







01 July, 2011

And it finally came to a head....

It wasn't a nice day here at the Holen house.
It was one of those days you knew it was brewing just waiting to come to a boil...
I despise conflict...always have.   I am the peace maker...always have done that as well.
So when kids start fighting and backtalking....then the not so go with the flow mom is not so nice.
I have always been okay with an occasional xbox time through out the years...
but these games now are addictive, make sibling fight, change the demeanor that they typically have...and my sons are prime examples.
So after multiple warning shots for a timeout from the xbox....things elevated.  Boys simply defied me, yelled at me, and even through things at me.
So...the xbox is now packed up and officially no longer a part of the Holen house.
I tried to stay calm as the loudness got louder of an angry 12 year old...but he finally got the smarts to take a walk and cool down.
A long private discussion took place when the Dad came home.  And for the first time in a long time we had an enjoyable evening.
Mathias has started medicated for his behavioral issues ...which is a whole other subject. I feel guilty as a mom for letting it go on as long as it did...he can't help it and there is help out there.  We are in week 2 of therapy and he is a different boy.   
This summer has had some lessons to be learned.   After hearing a close uncle has cancer it makes one look at life differently.  We hope that our messages sink into our kids so they get the point that all the material things in the world won't make you happy....it is what is inside and family that counts!!
i hope our explosive days are gone.  The pleaser in me soo wanted to give in to his whining and yellling...but i didn't.

Perhaps I am stronger than I think I am!!

No comments:

Post a Comment