"Isn't faith believing that all power can't be seen?"







13 April, 2011

New Seasons

New seasons...spring has sprung for us all.
We all have new seasons.
For me this new season is not just the visible changes outside but also changes within me.
In December I had a hysterectomy ending my time as a woman that can reproduce.
It was a difficult decision to make...still at times a difficult decision to wrap my head around but most days I am okay with it and have accepted it.
I don't know why but the desire to have more children in our lives is ALWAYS there.
It is always within my soul to embace the idea of having more...then I wonder what is wrong with me?   I will be honest...some days I am sooo totally consumed and overwhelmed with the 7 wonderful kids i have that I wonder where does this desire to have more come from?
I don't know if I will ever know.
Now...on to the next thought.  Making this decision to be "done" was hard yet at the same time acceptable because I knew that both Doug and I would love to do foster care at some point.
I would love the gift of being able to give to a little one a safe, loving, and full of energy home.
But how does one begin that process?   It isn't something I want to just dive into...I need to research and find out more about what it all means.
This is where I want you to help me.  Does anyone know the process of starting or looking into how the fostering world works?
So with New Seasons...also comes some New ideas...and New beginnings.
I think my love for my family and where we live makes me just want to share it with a little one that perhaps just doesn't have that due to circumstances way out of their control.  So I look at this new road we are going down too as a gift.  A gift to give and a gift that we are open to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment