"Isn't faith believing that all power can't be seen?"







11 April, 2011

8 years ago...

Mathias Lee Holen...my 4th child arrived into our lives at 6:18pm.  I was 33 years old and finishing my RN degree.  I remember the morning...running late of course and heading to OB to be induced due to his size.
I was 38 weeks...it was a Friday and I had to quick turn in a paper at the college prior to being induced...hence running late!!    I didn't know he was a boy...couldn't believe the pregnancy was over because it went fast due to being a student again...and raising 3 children and working too.  He came quickly....I had no drugs...did it on my own..but I was out of control in pain and now looking back know I was a psycho woman in pain...I did it in one fast quick push...because when he decided it was his debut time...he wasn't kidding!!  The poor boy had a bruised head that made him look rather tough the first couple days.  A big boy he was ...8 pounds 12 ounces and 21 inches long!  He had his own look and we were soo happy that James now would have a brother!  As the years have passed he has kept us hopping with his non-stop "getting into things"  that still at the age of 8 has not out-grown.  He loves to pester anyone near him but also has the biggest heart when he decides to show it.


His love for farming is deep in his soul.  He watches...and absorbs everything his dad does on our little hobby farm.  He lives for John Deere and will play tractors for hours.  He now as he ages...wants to play on the "real" tractors!   Once again...that desire to get into things shows itself.  He is our one child that has the most persistence to ride that lawn mower than any other one!!

Mathias is also a deep thinker...he ponders over many things...asks lots of questions and makes us think ourselves.  He is amazed at how things in life turn out and wonders why many times. He wonders why things are the way they are in the world.  Both good and bad.  He wonders about what he will become as an adult and he also wonders how many cows and tractors he will have on his own farm someday!  =)

He has a love for his family...his brothers especially!  It is obvious with every moment of pestering he does and every hug he gives them each day!!  He loves his family.  
Thank you Mathias for being you and bringing such joy to our lives.  I hope you know deep within yourself how much you mean to me.  Happy birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment