"Isn't faith believing that all power can't be seen?"







03 March, 2011

15 years ago today....


Kaitlyn Janece Holen...our second daughter who arrived only but 16 months after our
first daughter.  Many who offered their opinions
as to "already"...or "another one?"   But we wanted it
just that way!!  What she has filled our lives with is amazing.
Just like the way she entered into our lives.
We were living in Mesa Arizona and I was 25 at the time.
In denial about being in labor since my first go round was 19 hours long and 3 hours of pushing...I thought this time would be the same...so when I could no longer breathe...talk ...walk..we decided it was time to go.
Now looking back...I should have gone long before that.
We had to bring Julia to grandma and grandpa..who were spending the winter in Az...lucky us!!
We loved having them near!!
So after over an hour on the road...we finally on the interstate almost to the Desert Samaritan
hospital in Mesa...yep...we came across an accident and many police cars as they were about
to block the freeway off....at this point I demanded that we are to get through or this baby was coming in the car!!
We did make it....I arrived dilated to 9.5 and a bulging bag of water...with the nurse saying it was only that amazing strong...life holding bag that kept her in me that allowed us to make it there!
She arrived with very little effort...and A GIRL it was!!  We were soo excited to have "the girls" now!
What fun it has been!!  I still remember Doug saying."remember now...this will probably be the last baby so enjoy it.".....ha....little did he know...5 more would come and with each one a new  dynamic in the house along with many wonderful labor stories!!
So here is to Kaitlyn...our honest...loving...athletic...shy...and giddy all mixed together...a love for animals..a dreamer...and most of all OURS!!
We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment