So I check my e-mail to day and there is one that once I read it I was at a loss for words.
My oldest girls play volleyball...live volleyball and lately sleep volleyball!
They are doing well and now are onto play on Thursday in Minnewaska.
This Holen mom rarely gets to go to see them play because guess where she is..
yep...you guessed it...at home with the little ones.
They understand but I know they like it when I am there. They don't ask anymore if I am coming because they know the answer. That saddens me.
But...usually the Dad gets there. Its teamwork but we try and be there for them.
Kaitlyn who is in 9th grade and playing varsity and Julia plays too at times when her position
is needed. It goes without saying how proud I am to watch the two of them play
TOGETHER and at the SAME TIME!!
LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!!
So this week Doug is gone in California (wah..wah...I wish I could have gone)
and I am on my own. But what caught me off guard today was the generousity and
the amazing gift that two people could offer me.
My co-worker, friend , neighbor...and her lovely daughter offered to come over
and watch my children so that I could go.
What a blessing....it left me speechless to know that she/they were thinking of me
and knew I would not be able to go...well I could but I would spend
more time taking care of my little ones in the bleachers..that I could
not enjoy watching my bigger ones on the court.
So initally I was right away going to respond with a thanks, but thats okay.
But then I re-thought it and realized that they would not have taken the time to offer if they
did not want to do it. So even though it is hard for me to accept
help, I am going to this time!
Thank you Kristie and Grace...you are a blessing in our lives!!
Thanks for "getting" what it means to be me!
No comments:
Post a Comment