"Isn't faith believing that all power can't be seen?"







04 October, 2010

Time to re-visit

It's been many years since I have seen my brother Mark.
Perhaps becuase he is in heaven.
He died in 1987.
He took his life.
Words are few about him anymore but the thoughts are always there.
He is missed.  I hope he is happy though where he has chosen to go.
So lately I have been thinking I need to go see him.
He is buried in Faribault, MN, my hometown.
It has been about 4 or 5 years since I have been there so this
Thursday I have decided to drive to Faribault to pay a little 
visit to him and remember....remember him and his nice smile,
his joy for fishing, and his love of Pepsi.  I think I may just have
to bring him a can of it.  He might enjoy that.
I am hoping to go alone.   Just so that I can have my own time...I don't get much of that.  
I wish our family would not have had to deal with this tragedy many 
years ago...but we did and we have grown, changed, and some of us have 
learned what really matters, while there are others in my family who still
just don't "get it". 
The fall colors will be pretty and I will wash his tombstone and get it nice and shiny.
Perhaps the sun will shine down that day as well.....

No comments:

Post a Comment