I feel like a broken record....tired..I am tired...sooo tired!! I have come to realize in the past 7 years of doing nite shifts on and off that sleep is a necessity that also determines how smooth our daily lives run. I for many years, and still do at times, tend to obsess about my sleep, defend my need for sleep, and also feel guilty about my need for sleep. I have a wonderful, supportive husband and would not trade him for anything...but the whole sleep concept he does not "get it". So as my stressful week comes to and end...all I want to do is sleep.
Last nite...looking forward soo very much to my own bed because it had been 4 nites since I slept in it in the dark...but my 2 little ones called out my name...wahhh...mommy...wahhhh.. every 2 hours or so. So eyes half open and unsteady on my feet I was there for them...several times I fell asleep in the recliner next to our bed with Delaney still nursing...but I did manage to get back into the bed for a little bit now and then! I look at the stuff all around in this big ol house that needs tending too but I think instead I am going to cuddle up with Delaney and take a lil snooze. I love our afternoon time. Grant is sleeping and Marcus is mulling around but he too will find my hip as I sneak a sleep on the couch and fall asleep by me too. My hubby will ask "what did you get done today?" and I guess today my answer will be..."not too much." =)
So although you will hear me speak about my sleep and the lack of it.. I still wouldn't trade my life for anything.
Take as many naps with those little honeys as you can! Soon they won't want to, and neither will you. - teenagers, need I say more? :)
ReplyDelete